Sunday, February 24, 2008

What next?

I mentioned my grand idea to friends at my local Girl Scout council where I have been an adult volunteer leading girls and training in different outdoor venues for many years. Here's an idea to make my hiking adventure do double duty: it will serve as a fundraiser for the Girl Scout council's outdoor program. We will link to the council's donation website and folks (and businesses) can sponsor me mile by mile! We have recently bought a huge tract of undeveloped land that will evolve into a fantastic resident camp/primitive camp/waterfront/sports mecca and there will be many needs. Or the money can be used to to fund camperships for girls with financial hardships. Or it can be used to start an inner-city kids' hiking club. Or...lots of possibilities. So time to get out the trail map!

No comments: