Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fixing to get ready to go

Of course all this is not happening overnight. I have been mulling and cogitating and looking at maps and gathering info on the internet and trying out the idea on people for nearly a year now. Funny how different people respond. At first my husband did not express much interest, but he soon realized I was getting serious. I finally knew that he was not pacifying me when we were at a business dinner and some of his colleagues asked me about my plans -- he's actually telling people! Made me feel much more legitimate. Outdoor type friends are excited and supportive and saying "put my name down" on a list to accompany me on hikes. Other friends are more nervous about the safety aspects. A couple think I am simply nuts. But what do I want on my tombstone: She thought about a great adventure?

No comments: