Thursday, August 30, 2018

Crowders Mountain on New Years Day 2018


Crowders Mountain:  New Year’s Day 2018 – 1/1/18 – 5 Miles

This is a hike that I’ve done many times in my “backyard” park, the closest one to my home in Charlotte, NC – Crowders Mountain.  The state park stretches between two monadnocks, Crowders and Kings Pinnacle.  The visitors center sits at the midpoint between the peaks.  Starting from the VC and hiking out to each peak and back to the middle is a great 9-mile effort.  Today, Jim and I hiked with our friends Cathy and Mike from the VC to Crowders and back for a 5-mile leg-stretcher for New Year’s Day. 

‘Twas cold outside

From the rock outcropping at the top of Crowders Mountain, the city of Charlotte was visible on the horizon like the City of Oz

 
Rock scrambling along the Rocktop Trail

Lunch at Sammy’s Neighborhood Pub in Belmont, NC

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

"If you asked me for my New Year's resolution, it would be to find out who I am."  ~Cyril Cusack
 








No comments: