Friday, March 9, 2012

My Year In The Smokies - A Movie While You Are Waiting For Me To Update This Blog

For my faithful blog readers and those who stumbled here accidentally, this YouTube video is a compilation of photos from my year of hiking all the trails in the Great Smoky Mountains aka "Smokies 900" in celebration of my first 50 years on the planet.  My husband secretly made this gift of love as a Christmas surprise.

It's a bit long and some of you may be bored because you don't know the people depicted and I seem to never change clothes.  Be grateful that there are thousands of photos not included.  If you hiked with me during that magical year, you'll find yourself in here somewhere.  If you followed me on this blog, you'll recognize a few things.  And there's some great scenery, too.  Don't miss the bear prints in the snow.  AND...the last picture in the video is my first picture on my first day on the trail.  

Music has the capacity to transport us to another time and place.  Songs included here are "That Mountain" by the Boxmasters, "Beautiful Day" by U2 and "One More Mile To Go" by Jay Nash.

"And when this is done I'll miss it, I know...one more mile to go."  Jay Nash

No comments: