Monday, October 6, 2008

A Big Disappointment

Before I post my trip reports of last week, I must tell you that my hiking trip with the Girl Scout troop that was scheduled for last weekend did not happen because of the gas shortages in western North Carolina resulting from the Hurricane Ike craziness. Gas was difficult to get in Charlotte (people actually created the shortage by panicking, but don't get me started on that) and even though we eventually found gas so that we could travel to the Park, the troop leader and I were concerned that we may not find gas for the trip back home, so we had to cancel. Everyone was greatly disappointed, the girls, the leaders, and me, and rescheduling will have to wait until the spring because these are teenage girls with busy lives that have to make plans way in advance. But we WILL reschedule!

No comments: