Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Blogs Are A Challenge Too

I have hiked many miles and many places over the years. I have hiked close to home and far away, including Yosemite National Park, Denali National Park and even the Alps in Switzerland. Each location is awesome and unique. I love "checking off" new places but I also love revisiting familiar places in the different seasons. Recently I hiked at South Mountain State Park here in North Carolina after a snowfall and ours were the first footprints everywhere we went. It took all day because we constantly stopped to take pictures. What a memorable day! Creating a blog is a new challenge and harder than I thought it would be. It's one thing to write in a journal that no one else will see, but putting it out there in front of everyone calls for a different voice, no privacy, lots of editing. I guess I will never be a great writer! But I'll keep working at it and hopefully this will be worthwhile reading. Once I begin my hiking adventures there will be more to talk about. Many thanks to my daughter Megan and her friend Sallie for helping me get this website going! I hope I can be an example of life ACAG (after children are grown).

No comments: